• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gearing for 32's

Semper Fi

NAXJA Forum User
I have read all of the threads on gearing for 33 to 35 inch tires and if I were going to run 33's I would use the 4.56. Because of the price of gas, and the wifes constant bitching about how much the Cherokee uses, I have made the promise to run 32's. I will still be putting a RE 6130 4.5 inch lift on the Cherokee, but like I've said I will only be running the 265/75/16 or 275/75/16 instead of the 33's, so what gearing would you suggest for running 32's? I have been thinking of running 4.10's. I do use the Cherokee as a daily driver and it sees some long drives, from PA to Arkansas about every other month. The Jeep also sees trails in the summer so I want to retain the power it has now. It has a 3 inch Rough Country lift with 255/70/16's on it now and runs fine with good power and gas mileage of about 18 mpg. Thanks for the help!

Sorry I forgot to say it's a 2001 has the 4.0L engine and it's an Auto transmission with the stock gearing.

4.10s would do the trick, and you could hunt down a HP 30 out of a slightly older 2.5l XJ that has them factory... (lose your LP axle & regear...possibly for less than the cost of new gears/install kit/carrier)

depends on how big the tire really is. my 32" swampers were as big as most 33's on the market. however, most 32" street tires will be fine for running around on the hiway. i run worn down 31" bfg at's on the street, and power seems good. i have 4.10's, auto, 4.0. comparing my old renix system to yours for gas mileage would not be very accurate though.

Back