• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reconnecting front driveshaft

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
so the transfercase end bolts i cant fit a ratcheting wrench or a ratchet on it seems, only can use an open end to get a 1/4 turn in each time, this is very tiring and takes me an eternity to get the damn shaft off and on because of it

any genius solutions/ideas or common sense things ive overlooked?

think im about to crack
thanks all

I use the open end ratchet wrench. Got a shorty one too so it will fit up inside perfectly without having to turn the DS. Ratchet ones are a little more expensive, but I broke down after taking on/off my driveshaft for the third time.

But you just have to make sure its thin enough to fit between the bolt and yoke. A friend had a one and the wrench was to thick to fit between the bolt and the yoke and I couldnt get it all the way on the bolt head.

Last edited:
Ok I'm ignorant....WTF is a gearwrench?

I spent the last few worknights pulling and re-installing the front drive shaft and even my 1/4 drive 13mm universal socket wouldn't work out.

Thanks,
Tom

Back