• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheelin withdrawals...

Vox Fatalis

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,

I don't post anywhere near as much as I probably should, so I'll apologize for being a lurker.

As some of you know, I picked up Marty Osten's XJ last summer. What sucks is that I STILL haven't had time to go play in the mud yet, or put the steel wheels on and have some fun.

Anybody planning to go wheelin anytime soon? Or.. is anyone up to a little Easter weekend wheelin? The XJ must get muddy!! And I can show you my redneck body work on those dents it had. Did a pretty good job of popping them out!

If anyone's interested, please respond! I'm ok with another weekend as well!

Covington is between Maple Valley and Kent off of SR-18, near Pacific Raceways.

Got trXus M/T 31x10.50R15LT's, Warn 8000M winch, ARB front bumper, rear C4X4 bumper w/ tire carrier, ORGS Super Nerfs Rock Rails, NoSlip PowerTrax rear locker, SkidRow xfer case skidplate, JKS2001 Quicker Disconnects, OME 3.5" lift kit, SYE kit, JKS/OGS125 Adjustable Trackbar, N35 front shocks, & N36 rear shocks.

And what sucks... I still haven't tried it all out since I got the rig. D'oh!! Been running the street tires and haven't had a chance to throw on the steel wheels and trXus...

I should rectify this situation. ;)

I was thinking of starting with Tahuya or something like that, but I'm ok with something a bit more challenging. I'm probably intermediate when it comes to wheelin, did a bit of it in my TJ a couple years back, but ready to get back into the swing of things!

Avanteone said:
A few of us from the pnwjeep board are going to Evans Creek next saturday (easter weekend). Meeting at the Burnett Chevron 9am.

J

Heh.. isn't that where Marty earned these dents in the first place? :) I think my wife and I will most likely join you! Soo you there!

Lance
'99 XJ - wheelin toy
'05 KJ CRD - commuter

Avanteone said:
A few of us from the pnwjeep board are going to Evans Creek next saturday (easter weekend). Meeting at the Burnett Chevron 9am.

J

were is evans creek? i have never been, will my cherokee with 31's get around?

If I remember, a stock XJ with 31's won't fair well at Evan's Creek. My TJ wasn't really up to the task when I was stock either. If you're looking for a good starting point for wheeling, Tahuya is a great start! I'd go with you sometime if you're interested.

Evans would be fine on 31's WITH rocker protection and once the snow is gone. I did evans on 31's several times. Right now though, there is still lots of snow in some areas, so I would not recommend it.

J

meh, were is evans creek though? my rockers are already trashed, waitin to weld in some sliders, how many hours away is evans creek from say, kirkland.

WA-HCXJ said:
meh, were is evans creek though? my rockers are already trashed, waitin to weld in some sliders, how many hours away is evans creek from say, kirkland.

Evans Creek is near Buckley/Bonney Lake... I would guess 1.5 hour from Kirkland. Someone who's from up North I'm sure can give a more accurate estimate.

J

Avanteone said:

J
Damn! I'm seriously jonesing for some wheeling, but the Jeep is in pieces in anticipation of the new TnT LA's. Wish I could go. Let us know how deep the snow is/how bad the trails are.

-----Matt-----

Hey Vox / WA-HCXJ . . .

Are you guys running Elbe with the rest of PNWJeep or Tahuya? Just curious as I'd like to head out this weekend too, but it sounds like I'm not ready for Elbe yet...and I've done Tahuya recently. Any other thoughts?

Later,

DR

Er... I thought PNWJeep was running Evans Creek? Did I miss a memo? :) I do that on occasion. LOL

I'd be up for a Tahuya run, but plan to join this PNWJeep folks this weekend. If you want to schedule something on a Saturday in May, except for the 13th (my wedding anniversary), I'd be glad to join you!

Vox Fatalis said:
Er... I thought PNWJeep was running Evans Creek?

D'oh... no, it's me.

I'd be up for a Tahuya run, but plan to join this PNWJeep folks this weekend. If you want to schedule something on a Saturday in May, except for the 13th (my wedding anniversary), I'd be glad to join you!

No worries about this weekend...I'd rather try something other than Tahuya since it's pretty easy. I'm in the North End (Shoreline), but I am also new to the area so I'm up for just about anything.

I'll hit you up later to figure something out . . .

DR

Take 167 S to Hwy 410 E. Follow that for 6-7 miles give or take. There's a field on the right, and a Texaco on the left with a road right past the field. (would go straight into the Texaco) Mundy Loss Rd is the name. Take that right and follow it past the new school on the right. When you get to the stop sign make a left up and over the bridge. When you reach the triangle, stay to the right. Follow it through Carbonado and Wilkeson all the way up to the ORV park. After Wilkeson and in the woods, you'll have a hilside on your left and a huge ravine on your right. Take it easy through there, there's a sharp right onto a single lane bridge that can come up quick! 1/2 a mile later there's a Y the only possible place you can get lost. Sign says go right to Evan's Creek. Go right. 7 miles left! It's a little while down a crappy logging road. Good luck, have fun. If you have lockers, winch, and 33's or any 2 combination of the three, you're pretty much golden. If you like your body avoid Trail 197. That's the hardest trail up there, and pretty gnarly.

Back