• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration @#%**@@

ODXJ97

NAXJA Forum User
:gonnablow I can't find it. I can feel it under my feet, and I can hear it (when moving). I'm assuming it's the front driveshaft. I have a Rusty's L/A lift kit and a Tom Woods CV front shaft. I checked everything else... it's tight. I can turn the driveshaft about 1/4 turn right and left in 2wd, but there is no side to side play. :repair: Help. :shiver:

Let's also not overlook the ever important operating angles. We gotta know what they are in order to help.

Have you taken the drive shaft apart at the slip joint, and then reassembled it out of time?

joecool said:
I hate to state the obvious, but have you tried removing the front driveshaft to see if the vibration stops?

That is obvious, but it's a good suggestion... and I will do that next. I just hope with L/A cross-member it's not too much of a PITA to get to.

Let's also not overlook the ever important operating angles. We gotta know what they are in order to help.

The angle is not an issue with an SYE front and rear, as well as, a high pinion Dana30. I greased the shaft splines, and if I remember the front u-joint. However, I didn't grease the CV u-joints because of their difficult location, all tucked into the T/C area. Now, if it's dried up u-joints... will greasing them fix the problem, or will new CV u-joints be needed given the vibration symptom?

ODXJ97 said:
The angle is not an issue with an SYE front and rear, as well as, a high pinion Dana30.
Who told you that,SPOBI.

ODXJ97 said:
That is obvious, but it's a good suggestion... and I will do that next. I just hope with L/A cross-member it's not too much of a PITA to get to.
huh?
just disco it at the front axle and bungie it up out of the way

jonboy said:
huh?
just disco it at the front axle and bungie it up out of the way

uuuhhhhhh, yeah. Why would it be in the way? If it is in the way you have more problems than a little noise! :shocked:

It can be so many things, everything from the u joints at the axle to alignment to who knows what else. the best thing is to start eliminating items one at a time until it all goes away. There could even be a ring gear issue.\

I hate to say it but vibes are the hardest to find sometimes good luck!

Back