• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom bumper

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
does anybody have pics or even better specs on custom bumpers for a 93 xj just bought her and want to start ripping into it.the front bumper i would like to build to accompant a winch the back i was thinkinh just tube steel with some solid tow points and rear lights . also some specs on some rock sliders would be great to.thanks in advance for any help.
93xj high output

Do what I'm thinking of doing: Get a friend with a tube bender and bring a tape measure, level, square, sawzall/saw and beer. Hack off parts here and there and then make it look how you want it to. A buddy made his own for an Explorer, and all he did was make a 1/2" plate between the "frame" mounts in the bumper and reinforced it. Badda-bing, he pulls us out with a 50 dollar homebrew tube bumper

Tirecarrier001s.jpg

That is pretty much exactly what I want for my rear bumper, but I'd like higher tire mount.

Got design specs??? :)

Here is what I made.
I generally dislike round tube bumpers. But I like how these look, espically the rear. My only regret is not allowing for winch mounting on the front.....may have to head back to the drawing board for that....

MynewnoseDrive.jpg

passview.jpg

driveview.jpg

Back