• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where is the Banks look a like header thread?

Thanks man, I'm a cheap bastard, and for that kind of cheese, I dont see how you can go wrong! I'll take the $300 I save and put it towards some new meats!

We need a guinea pig!

I guess you could always throw a couple extra welds on it before bolting it on...

Hmmm....

Here's the original thread. It needs long term follow-ups to truly rate this thing. Since the Banks header it obviously copies is known to crack too

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73552&highlight=92DripCherokee

So far the only criticism from the brave souls who bought it is the narrow 2-inch collector diameter. I fault the fact it's as Chinese as chicken-chow-mein, and may have soy sauce added to the steel.

92DripCherokee said:
Here's the original thread. It needs long term follow-ups to truly rate this thing. Since the Banks header it obviously copies is known to crack too

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73552&highlight=92DripCherokee

So far the only criticism from the brave souls who bought it is the narrow 2-inch collector diameter. I fault the fact it's as Chinese as chicken-chow-mein, and may have soy sauce added to the steel.
Is that why they say it's 321 stainless instead of banks 401 stainless? ;)

321 stainless is an awesome alloy for high temperatures, better than 401. 321 is used in jet aircraft engines, how can they sell a manifold this cheap using one of the most expensive stainless alloys? Chinese quality, that's how!

I see no problem with chinese quality. They have some of the best quality manufacturing facilities in the world now.

(maybe it's all that soy sauce)

I do see a big problem with the lack of American manufacturing and resulting loss of jobs in America while so much being 'off shored' and made in China, then imported.

China is a major world power now.... and will be THE world power very soon if we don't change things.

I'm running one of these headers with a 99+ intake on mine now. The combination is working well for me. http://www.xjfanatic.com/msgbrd1/viewtopic.php?t=60 is my report. There will be a write-up of data and install posted soon.

I got one to replace my cracked header on my 98. Intsalled good, lined up nice, everything went smooth. Been running it for almost 1k miles and its been good so far. A little more torque too(maybe just the difference from a major leak) and a deeper tone to the exhaust. Has my vote if you're poor and need a cheap header like I did!

92DripCherokee said:
321 stainless is an awesome alloy for high temperatures, better than 401. 321 is used in jet aircraft engines, how can they sell a manifold this cheap using one of the most expensive stainless alloys? Chinese quality, that's how!

ill go without before i buy chinese! i support american workers and so should everyone else.

Not to instegate, but it would seem that this guy is ripping folks off.

Great American way...buy cheap from China, mark it up, and blow smoke up our ass saying he built his own header.

No thanks, I'd rather just buy the China made piece direct, and not get lied to.

Any purchase you make casts a tiny economic vote. Too many native born americans need a job to endorse Chinese expansion.

And that manifold on the GreatLakesXJ board is a resold AutoPN manfold, a little entrepreneurial opportunism going on.

92DripCherokee said:
Any purchase you make casts a tiny economic vote. Too many native born americans need a job to endorse Chinese expansion.

And that manifold on the GreatLakesXJ board is a resold AutoPN manfold, a little entrepreneurial opportunism going on.

Are you trying to say that EVERYTHING you own is American made with 100% American parts? Well, good for you, I guess...but I can't, and wouldn't even want to try. I'm not that wealthy, and frankly, sometimes the overseas stuff is better.

Back