• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hmmm. What Should I Do???

MISFIT

NAXJA Forum User
i'm having some trouble clearing the front tires while flexing my 'Manche. i'm gonna do some clearancing a la Sawzall but i think i might also need a few inches of lift, too. the frontend looks like it sags a lil' bit.

what would be my best bet for lifting the frontend a little bit??? junkyard leaf packs??? AALs??? longer shackles???

here are pics.

you can see the tire hits the front fender a bit. i'll hack a little more out of it.
Picture070.jpg

you can see it sags a bit. maybe 2" would be all i need???
Picture008.jpg

i know the bed looks high, but it works out great. i have a crap-load of 1/8" aluminum sheets at work and i'm gonna "box in" the bed.....making a tool box of sorts and use the flat part as a tonneau cover.

i know about all of the cutting i need. i plan on tubing the frontend and keeping everything about as high as the bottom of the headlights (kinda hard to explain).

wouldn't adding a leaf make it stiffer??? i like how soft the leaves feel, as is.

offroadman73 said:
actually just cut the fenders!!!! is your mj the one that was for sale on pirate a while back??----BRIAN

but you see, it isn't just hitting the fenders. the tires hit right under the blinkers, on the bottom of the bumper. i cut off the sides of the bumper but it still hits the blinkers.

yup. bought it from davidt.

offroadman73 said:
you may have to lift the ft. a little higher then and/or maybe change the bumpstop!

haha. what bumpstop??? :D

i don't really want to add longer shackles, but this might be the road i'll take. it'll also push the axle back more, giving me more clearance under the blinker, won't it??? or will it not make a significant change???

Back