• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FINGER TOUCH ENGINE OIL DRAIN PLUG

I could see that being nice for a DD or something that never went off road, but that would be disasterous if you caught it on a branch and broke it off.

What's this doing in Mod Tech?
This is without a doubt Advance Fab. material.

:jester:

These are made by Fumoto and are nice little pieces . . . for a diesel engine running synthetic oil where you pull oil samples to send off for analysis when running extended drain intervals. I have one on my truck.
I would NEVER put one on my Jeep. They stick out about an inch and could easily get torn off on the trail or would require a skid that hangs well below the pan - either way it's not worth it. Fish your plug out of the drain pan like the rest of the big kids and live happily ever after.

I run the Fram Sure Drain on the XJ.
It comes in handy when on the trail or river bed or pond.
Much easier to use than a plug and a wrench.
Plus, with the hose, you can drain it directly into sealable bottles, instead of a catch pan.

I'm running a drain valve very similar to this and had no leaks, works great. http://www.fumotovalve.com/ Comes in real handy with the Rusty's engine/tranny skid plate I've got. Slip a hose on, run it through the hole in the skid plate, lift and turn the valve. Much better than the Fram one IMHO.:bs:

Okie Terry said:
I run the Fram Sure Drain on the XJ.
It comes in handy when on the trail or river bed or pond.
Much easier to use than a plug and a wrench.
Plus, with the hose, you can drain it directly into sealable bottles, instead of a catch pan.

I put a Sure Drain on the wyfes GMC Jimmy.
It was kinda handy.

I never had any trouble with it.

I checked the fram out too but was curious about the hose and got the other one instead. With the Fram sure drain do you have to use their drain hose to get the valve to drain?

Back