• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bastard leaf AAL question

klonestar

NAXJA Forum User
90' xj 2" sag in rear original stock leafs....

I plan on getting Quadratecs HD oem style leafs as I need new ones and low on cash. I want a 2" BB. IIRC the new leafs have the longer 2nd leaf like the BB 2" bastard pack.

1) Should I reuse the long leaf (minus eyelets) from my old sagging set? WIll it come back enough to work? Or should I find a better donor?

2) Since the new leafs already have the long 2nd leaf what should I expect if I add a second (long donor off my old pack or ?) leaf to it?

Thanks,
Ken (who is finally bringing his new jeep home today after sitting at a firends house to do tons of inspection work for over a month now) :)

edited: Now I need to start buying tools and asking more questions!

Last edited:
I kinda doubt that your stock sagging leafs had enough arch in them, even if they were new, to add any benefit at all.

Thats why the bastard leaf pack works so well. . . . it uses Dakota or S10 leafs that had a lot of arch to begin with.

The Quadratec HD springs give you about 1" so yourt old main leaves should give you another inch with no problem.

I did the "home-brew" AAL several years ago, on an old '88 I was refurbishing for an ex-GF. The vehicle had 165,000 miles on it and the rear springs were sagged about 1/2". The main leaves I used came from a wrecked '88 or '89 with similar mileage. I don't know if they were badly sagged or not -- when I got to the hulk, all the other leaves had already been removed. Putting them into the existing leaf packs generated a gross lift of 1-1/4" -- after subtracting out the 1/2" of sag from where I started, the net result was a 3/4" lift above "stock" height.

Starting from an inch higher than stock, you can't not gain something from tossing another leaf in there.

Back