• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar to short - does a drop pitman arm help?

BlueGerbil

NAXJA Forum User
I´m running a D30 and about 7.5-8 inches of lift - now my (Rusty) trackbar ist pretty short, there isn´t much thread left.

Would a drop pitman arm help? He flattens the angle of the trackbar, right? What else is involved when I install a drop pitman arm? Do I have to do any other modifications? Any ideas, which pitman arm to buy? I´ve seen the RE 2500...

drop the pitman arm and it would drop the draglink, not the track bar. if you do drop the pitman arm, you need to move the track bar as well to keep them as parallel as possible. cut and sleeve the track bar, or just get a new one thats longer. what have you done about steering at 8" of lift?

If you are doing an OTK steering, you want to raise the track bar axle bracket and the swaybar link mounts (if you plan to keep a swaybar...or remove them if not)

JKS has just what you need for those items:

http://www.jksmfg.com/fab_parts.htm
OGS 920 for the track bar bracket
OGS 910 or 915 for the swaybar

Back