• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

diveshaft question

Green98xj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i want to put my sye on this weekend but not put my lift kit on yet.can i take my drive shaft to a shop and have them modify it to fit the sye so i can still drive the jeep until i have time to do the lift kit on and get a new drive shaft.. anyone ever done or heard of this thanks noah

so you want to do the SYE and have the stock shafts cut, flanged and a slip put in it? just to get a new shaft in the future? thats a waste of $$... how about do the SYE, get a new custom shaft with the longest slip they can do and you wont have to replace the shaft when you lift it.

well my dad has 2 spare driveshafts from his cj when he lifted it im going to try and use one of those first but if i get the transfer case out of the jeep the sye in and back in the jeep in one day ill just do the lift too.

yeah when you get your lift kit...do the sye like a day before or something...get it done all in the same wknd or something...to make it easier then having to seperate occasions

Back