• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 mount wear?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, this is starting to drive me nuts. I think I just killed another tranny mount. Ok, maybe not killed but softened to the point that it's allowing a fair amount of movement. I replaced it in Moab last year and since then it's been driven back to SoCal, out to local trails a few times, and couple times to and from work. Altogether probably not more then 4K ~5K miles.
So I looked at my engine mounts and they are in perfect shape (replaced about 2 years ago and have very few miles on them), everything seems to line up properly. Could the deeper gears (4.88) be causing it? When I start in first it loads up and flexes on the mount before going? If not that, then what?

Lastly: what are my alternatives? I know there is poly out there, but I really do not like the idea of poly tranny mount (too hard and doesn't dampen as much) but if nothing else will present itself I think I will have to go that route as I'm tired of replacing the damn things.

I have the same issue - replaced all my mounts about 1.5 years ago, 10k miles later... bad tranny mout again...

got a link to that poly one?

Im thinking on making a custom cross member, that hard mounts to the tranny /t-case and uses leaf spring type bushings on tabs welded to the frame rail... (to solve this issue and deal with dual t-cases)...

XJ_ranger said:
I have the same issue - replaced all my mounts about 1.5 years ago, 10k miles later... bad tranny mout again...

got a link to that poly one?

Im thinking on making a custom cross member, that hard mounts to the tranny /t-case and uses leaf spring type bushings on tabs welded to the frame rail... (to solve this issue and deal with dual t-cases)...
IIRC bulletproof makes a poly one as well as daystar. Poly just sounds so painful though!

Back