• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper controller arm mounts

azxjman

NAXJA Forum User
The other week I was doing some wheeling without a rear driveshaft and I am assuming that is what caused it. But the driverside controller arm just ripped in half no big deal right I am getting a new lift kit anyways. But the passenger now thats a different story it appears that the arm is just a tad stronger than the mount because it ripped it right off the axle so I guess I am looking for opinons on what I should do about this pos oem mount that is now torn up.

The lower control arms mounts are made of tin, and is the weakest thing under your jeep. Rusty's sell beefy lower control arm mounts. You have to find a professional welder to weld them on the axle tube.

Well yes I am aware of the lower controler arm mounts that rustys sells I have actually purchased them. But I was refering to the upper mounts and welding is not a problem.

Ya, that's pretty normal. The driver's side seems bomb proof (makes sense, fat cast loop on the diff), and the passanger side seems like paper. Is it bent up bad enough that you can't bang it strait and weld it back? If you can, I would hammer it out, weld it back on and reinforce the crap out of it. If that isn't likely, maybe cut one off of a junkyard axle and weld that dude on. Good luck.

Marcus

So.... wheeling in front wheel drive? Sounds... challenging

There is no possible way to bang this thing back it is torn up the way up the middle but I will probably look into the junk yeard the only other option I have seen so far is going to my local fab shop and have them fab me a new one but I am not Mr. Deeppockets.

It was defentily interesting to say the least...

Back