• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tail light assembly

JEEPSPEEDRCR

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 xj and i broke the lens on my right rear tail light. What year xj's have the same tail light assembly as my 01 so that i can look for a tail light in the local junk yards. I am in southern california, near oceanside. where should i start looking?
thanks,
gatlan

i've found often times they'll charge you like 50$ for a tail light at a junk yard (at least around here).
you might want to check out a few online sources like partstrain, rockauto, and various sellers on ebay.
i got a tail for my 2000XJ on ebay back in 2003 for a grand total of 43$ including shipping to my door.
if you're willing to wait a little while for the shipping, you could save a few bucks.
for the time being, its probably a good idea to put some of the red lens repair tape over the lens so the fuzz doesn't hastle you. the tape is avaliable at many auto parts stores, even walmart. like 3$ for a little roll.

Ebay is good too. I see them all the time on there for good prices.
Just my two cents.
Alex

Back