• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clearing 33's

33s with 4.5" lift will require a combination of fender trimming and bumpstop extension (front and rear). It's a great combo once you get the right amount of trimmin and bump stoppin.

I agree with the fender/flare trim part. I am still trimming on the front of my MJ, since the 33/10.50/15 Boggers just LOVE to grab everything that they touch. I might get to the bumpstop changes this week ( yeah, right). Overall, the lift and tire size combo looks killer.

Or you could go with a 3" lift and Bushwacker cutouts! It would be kind of a low center of gravity kind of thing!:passgas:

33's on an XJ!
Yeah right.

DXJ said:
33s with 4.5" lift will require a combination of fender trimming and bumpstop extension (front and rear). It's a great combo once you get the right amount of trimmin and bump stoppin.

X2. I had rusty's 4.5" lift on 33x12.50s. They only rubbed at full stuff, but after trimming I had to problems. 4.5" and 33's is a perfect combo to me.

CHris

I have 33's with about 5" lift...and Bushwackers....works pretty good. I had to hammer the pinch seam on the front inner fenderwells and limit my steering radius to keep the tires off the control arms. I get a little bit of rub when I have it really flexed, but I could probably stop that with some more bumpstop.

Back