• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepers & Creepers D44 Diff Guard

RCman

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I'm looking for a cheap diff guard for my D44 buildup. I am saving for a TeraFlex T-Locker, and as that has it's own HD Cover, I don't want to waste a ton of money on a guard. So I'm looking for something to run for a few months and not kill my newly built D44. Otherwise, I would be buying a Rockcrawler or Crane Cover.

Ok so here's my point, I saw that Jeepers and Creepers offers a D44 guard that isn't to pricy and seems like it would be alright. Anyone running it?

I know there are other options like 4xdoctor, C4x4, etc. However there are more money and I don't like the 'half ring' for the cover or the tube style, just doesn't seem like it would hold up much (even though people say they might). So those style are out. I also have Warn to consider, those may be good, but I'm planning on hitting rocks, not little things. I've personally seen 2 Warn guards destroy themselves after they couldn't take the life set out for them.

So anyone got anything on the Jeepers and Creepers D44 Diff guard?

Thanks! :D
Here's two quick pictures (from one of their listings):
fa_1.JPG

b4_1.JPG

do they have one for a d30?

RCman said:
Alright, I'm looking for a cheap diff guard for my D44 buildup. I am saving for a TeraFlex T-Locker, and as that has it's own HD Cover, I don't want to waste a ton of money on a guard. So I'm looking for something to run for a few months and not kill my newly built D44. Otherwise, I would be buying a Rockcrawler or Crane Cover.

James from Jeepers & Creepers has donated many times to NAXJA raffles and such and has been a good supporter of Sierra Chapter. That diff guard is a good piece and at a very good price.
That being said, I wouldn't bother buying something only to use it for "a few months". I would just take some 3/16" steel strap and weld it to the stock cover.

ECKSJAY said:
Wow, that looks like a Warn cover with a full ring and minus the 'W'. :confused1
Hmm... It does, but the full ring is a plus. As well as I believe its made from a heavier (thicker) peice of steel.

mack said:
do they have one for a d30?
No Idea. Contact 'em.

Jes said:
...I wouldn't bother buying something only to use it for "a few months". I would just take some 3/16" steel strap and weld it to the stock cover.
I thought about that, but I don't have a stock cover worth welding anything to, and not scrap laying that would be something I'd cut up...

Do you have a link for this? I searched there site and couldn't find it listed anywhere. Depending on the price it looks like a good unit to me. Wouldn't mind running one on the front and rear myself.

FiFo said:
Do you have a link for this? I searched there site and couldn't find it listed anywhere. Depending on the price it looks like a good unit to me. Wouldn't mind running one on the front and rear myself.

It's not listed on their site, you'll have to contact them directly.
Here:
J e e p e r s A n d C r e e p e r s
San Francisco, California
(415) 387-2323

let me know whats up with what everyone else says cuz im looking to get one myself and not break the bank but ive seen some other skids and was impressed with what they offered as well. cant say enough about jeepers and creepers. they are some really nice guys, and i have dealt with them in the past and they always come through. let see what everyone else has to say.

I have got one of theirs on my rear D44. I can't tell you how it performs yet because my Jeep is still in my garage. I did have to grind it a bit to get it to fit over my cover (I have the 1/8" thick cover). It looks to me like it is a sturdy unit and I don't have any concerns about it al all.

I had one on my Willys that is now my Cousin's YJ. The guard is top notch!! Puts Warn's to shame.

If anyone is interested I contacted Jeepers and Creepers to get some Information on these Diff Guards, and to see if they had them for the Dana 30. This is the reply I got back:

"We only have them currently for the D44 axles but at this time we are designing them for the D30s and are expecting to release them in about two month."

Also they provided me with a link to there website which I was unable to find before with information about these Guards.

http://www.jeepersandcreepers.com/client/Products.php?prokey=464

I hope this helps others.

Back