• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Mono-Tube Shocks

I don't think they use IAS but to my knowledge they are made by Edelbrock.

I love my RE Monotubes. The quality and ride is much better than the cheap Doetsch Tech's I used to run.

Im pretty sure they don't have the IAS. I think that's an edlebrock only thing. I've had mine on for about a year and a half and i think they are great. They work well for a daily driver and off on the trail.
-Matt

I like mine, but they are kinda firm until they get hot.

I just ordered a set of the RE monotubes for mine. Can't wait to get them on. Glad to see the positive responses. I have the RSX9000 adjustable shocks now, but they are for a 3" lift. The previous owner had the 3" lift, but then added 1 1/2" and never changed them out. :confused1

Were did you order them from and how much are you guys paying for them. I'm going a bit bigger lift and love my OME shocks but might be looking for something different this trip around.

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
Im pretty sure they don't have the IAS. I think that's an edlebrock only thing.
The trade name IAS is an Edelbrock-only thing, but impact- or inertia-sensitive valving is also used by Monroe and Rancho (both Tenneco companies).

groovyone said:
I just ordered a set of the RE monotubes for mine. Can't wait to get them on. Glad to see the positive responses. I have the RSX9000 adjustable shocks now, but they are for a 3" lift. The previous owner had the 3" lift, but then added 1 1/2" and never changed them out. :confused1

What do you think of them? Did you get 'em installed?

Curtis

i've been running the re monos for about a 3/4 yr now. they are way better than the pro-comps i had though the stiffness of the procomps felt better on the street in the corners. if i had to grumble about anything , i would like to have a bit more rebound damping . they come back a tiny bit too fast after compression. not real bad, but imho noticable. as far as i know only the bilsteins are set up with higher rebound in their manufacture. all nit picks aside , i really like these shocks and for the price they are hard to beat.

crazy-apes said:
What do you think of them? Did you get 'em installed?

Curtis

Just got the rears on yesterday thanks to the JKS BPEs. They are great. I am very happy with them. As I said, the shocks that were installed were too short, so it is hard to say how good they are compared to a normal setup, but I am very happy.

Back