• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good sway bar? AntiRockXJ

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have this installed on their XJ? Pictures would be nice.

XRockKitLayout.jpg

xrockinstalled.jpg

http://www.tandjperformance.com/products-bpp-xrock.htm

That's cool. I was thinking of putting one on my jeep, but didn't know they had one specifically for the XJ.

I think it's more about keeping the swaybar out of the way of rocks. The stock swaybar hangs low and this one is tucked up out of the way.

Matthew

From what I understand from the TJ guys the anti-rock provides a more controlled feel in offcamber positions and also provides a type of dampening in your suspension similiar to the coil inserts that have been posted on here a couple times.

All the TJ guys I know that have the Anti-Rock on there SWB Jeeps swear by them.

96XJCLASSIC said:
From what I understand from the TJ guys the anti-rock provides a more controlled feel in offcamber positions and also provides a type of dampening in your suspension similiar to the coil inserts that have been posted on here a couple times.

All the TJ guys I know that have the Anti-Rock on there SWB Jeeps swear by them.

x2

Good friend of mine has a TJ Anti-Rock on his XJ w/ ARB bullbar and swears by it. I have ridden with him on several trips and have been impressed with how stable everything feels.

Main thing with this setup is that it keeps more sprung weight on the wheels and helps keep the system from unloading in an off-camber situation.

*edit* Oh yeah, what do you need pics of? I'm confused...there's a pic of it installed in your post...

ECKSJAY said:
x2

Good friend of mine has a TJ Anti-Rock on his XJ w/ ARB bullbar and swears by it. I have ridden with him on several trips and have been impressed with how stable everything feels.

Main thing with this setup is that it keeps more sprung weight on the wheels and helps keep the system from unloading in an off-camber situation.

Do you think that it works with all types of bumpers?

fdsa487 said:

I can't tell from the picturs but it looks like it might mount where the BPI bumpers mounted.

Anything can be made to work.

fdsa487 said:

Looks like it just mounts to the factory locations... The one my buddy did actually has to attach to the bullbar because it was designed for a TJ.

fdsa487 said:
Do any other companies make a sway bar like this for the XJ?

I don't believe so, Like was allready said I have heard of TJ systems being adapted to work on XJ's and YJ's.

This style of "swaybar" is not new I have seen it used in other type of motorsports also.

Does that kit come with some lube? Cause they are sure giving it to ya pretty hard for that price :eek: The cost vs the gain doesnt seem worth it. A bar and all hardware can be found from suppliers like Stock Car Products for half of that price but you will need some fab skills.

AARON

MrShoeBoy said:
A bar and all hardware can be found from suppliers like Stock Car Products for half of that price but you will need some fab skills.

AARON

As with anything though, man... If you can fab, why buy premade? It's a moot argument at any rate... Those of us who build sell to those who can't.

MrShoeBoy said:
A bar and all hardware can be found from suppliers like Stock Car Products for half of that price but you will need some fab skills.

I believe they are called Torsion Bars.

Correct?

Back