• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford D44 Front/9" rear

akram

NAXJA Forum User
Figured I'd ask around here about this swap. I'm going to pick up these axles (free). Wondering about swapping them in my XJ. I'm upgrading axles and thought this might work. I already know it's not bolt in. Thefront is 67-74 axle. I found one sight that said the front is High pinion. The owner of them doesn't know. They are both complete but geared too high so those will get changed. Are they like the bronco axles? I read on here someone did a swap out of a bronco and said the diff was a little closer to center. Does anybody know how much wider they are than the stock axles? Has drum brakes but will get replaced. The 9" is an early F-100 28 spline as described by the owner. I figure if I can't use them I can find someone who can.

thanks for any info.

Did you read the sticky threads on axle swaps at the top of the main tech page?

The one thing talked about in the sticky section is cutting it shorter. I don't want to do that. Getting wider axles is part of it.

But please delete or whatever. I found plenty of info elsewhere. by people who did just search or tell you to. Which by the way I did.

Thanks.

I thought this poster was RIP? Is it another Zach?

Edit: I posted this after the post below,
Zurl,attp://'rw.naxj.org/fo"pm/rear`.php?s4irchid=895993[/url]
and it got placed before it?

Uhhhhh wtf?

Is this a damn joke?

Zombie?

Zachman, didn't you die? how did you post 1 minute ago?

Last edited:
Back