• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie needs help!

need4speedjp

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered a RE 3.5 add a leaf. this kit does not come with a trackbar bracket, will i need a new bracket or a new track bar? i am kinda on a budget and this is my DD so i want a nice ride. aslo how vital are new front brake hoses . this is going on a 92 XJ Laredo in awsome shape only 55,000 miles its been sitting in some ole ladies garage i picked it up for $3000. thanks for your help.

for 3.5 a new trac bar wont be need it
as far as new break hoses
if u plan to do any wheeling with i highly recomend them
due to the fact that it will limit ur flew with out them

so basically
get the hoses
dont worry about trac bar(yet)

cas

cassio said:
for 3.5 a new trac bar wont be need it

dont worry about trac bar(yet)

cas

have you run this combination yourself?? i call BS. i used this exact lift in my 99 2 years ago. with a stock trackbar the axle was offset to the drivers side a full inch. i also chose not to get a new trackbar and eneded up killing a set of tires because the alignement was off.
sure, you "can" do it without a trackbar but do the right thing for your rig and just spring for the adjustable trackbar with the kit and dont put it off.

sidriptide said:
have you run this combination yourself?? i call BS. i used this exact lift in my 99 2 years ago. with a stock trackbar the axle was offset to the drivers side a full inch. i also chose not to get a new trackbar and eneded up killing a set of tires because the alignement was off.
sure, you "can" do it without a trackbar but do the right thing for your rig and just spring for the adjustable trackbar with the kit and dont put it off.
What tires were you running?? I have the RE 3.5 with a stock trackbar on my '99 and have had NO PROBLEMS as you have described. :huh:

sidriptide said:

Agreed

Sniggs said:
What tires were you running?? I have the RE 3.5 with a stock trackbar on my '99 and have had NO PROBLEMS as you have described. :huh:

i was running a set of new ATs.. but the tire has nothing what-so-ever to do with the fact that the stock trackbar is not long enough for PROPER front suspension geometery with 3.5" of lift. it's close and alot of people live with it.. but advice should give ALL THE INFORMATION, not just "you don't need it" "you'll be fine"

Damn CASSIO ... it seems that my FLEW is limited by my BREAK hoses as well......LOL
All kidding aside... spend the hundred and change for an adjustable. There's on in the For Sale section right now for pretty cheap I think.

Back