• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slight vibrations during acceleration stock XJ. Any ideas?

JTS97Z28

NAXJA Forum User
I know the XJ's arent as smooth and refined as say a Grand Cherokee, but I have noticed on my bone stock 00 XJ with 65,000 miles that only during acceleration (more so heavy acceleration) that you can feel some vibrations. I was just curious if there are any parts that cause a vibration to be felt during acceleration that is common. Maybe a engine or tranny mount or driveshaft? Again its not serious and its so minor that is might just be normal for this type of truck. Just wondering if there is anything easy I can check.
Guess I have been driving my moms new Grand Cherokee Limited too much. lol

Thanks,
JT

Sounds like engine vibration at WOT. Every XJ I've ever driven, be it 84-96 or 97-01, has had a noticable vibration at WOT. It's normal, the pushrod I6, while tried and true, is definitely not the smoothest thing in the world, and the XJ is not the most refined chassis in the world either. I think you've been driving the WJ too much :D

my wj i got last week isnt as quiet as the xj .. either bad tires or a bad rear differientail!!

langer1 said:
Drive shaft problem bad cv or u-joints
X2 I started to get slight vibes, so I replaced my rear u joint and sure enough two of the caps on it were nothing but powder inside. $8 and a half hour later, problem solved. Rule #1: check the cheap parts first

Noise, Harshness and Vibration
The trademark of the XJ
My '01 is even worse than my '93 was
I've often considered moving up to a WJ...but I hear some pretty awful things about those too

Back