• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water pump pulley. Needs immediate attention!

alpinetiburon04

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm trying to replace my water pump and can't seem to get the pump pulley off. I loosed and removed the four bolts holding the pulley on, but it won't come off. Am I missing something? Could it be rusted on and just needs a good kick in the ass? Any quick help would be greatly appreciated, since this needs to come off today.

Thanks!

alpinetiburon04 said:
So I'm trying to replace my water pump and can't seem to get the pump pulley off. I loosed and removed the four bolts holding the pulley on, but it won't come off. Am I missing something? Could it be rusted on and just needs a good kick in the ass? Any quick help would be greatly appreciated, since this needs to come off today.

Thanks!

I see from a previous thread that you have a '91.

The pulley should just come right off after the bolts are removed.

===

Yeah... while I was waiting for you guys to respond I just hit it with a socket wrench and it popped right off. Must've just been rusted on. Thanks though.

alpinetiburon04 said:
Yeah... while I was waiting for you guys to respond I just hit it with a socket wrench and it popped right off. Must've just been rusted on. Thanks though.
Yep, brains over brawn is not always the best way to go :D

Back