• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ, MJ etc.??

This is chryslers naming system for jeep

ZJ (1993 - 1998), WJ (1999-2004) and WK (Since 05) Grand Cherokee
XJ 1984 till 2001 --(Yours)--
KJ liberty (XJ replacement)
MJ (Comanche) 1986 till 1992 (XJ front, pickup)
CJ manufactured from the beginning of time till 1986
YJ manufactured from 1987 till 1995 (square headlight wrangler)
TJ manufactured since 1997 (new style wrangler)
TK new 2007 wrangler

Last edited:
This reminds me....

How about a closed sticky or something giving all the abbreviations used in this forum?

xjs,lca,uca, dd, groo,231,242, etc....:confused1

Took me a while but im catching on but it might be nice for others.

Ken

I've been gradually assembling a "Jeeper's Lexicon" for the FAQ section - nothing official, just a quick reference for those of us who don't speak the language (yet.)

I'll probably end up posting what I have, and taking questions on content to flesh the thing out for completion. Got any specific questions?

Oh - the "groo" I'm assuming is referring to my new sig. I change it every few weeks or so so it doesn't get boring, and I try to make it directly - or indirectly - humourous. Try Google if you don't get it right away.

For the ones you've already posted...
LCA - Lower Control Arm
UCA - Upper Control Arm
DD - Daily Driver (as opposed to a dedicated trail rig that gets towed everywhere.)
231 - New Process model 231 Transfer Case, part-time 4WD only
242 - New Process model 242 Transfer case, part-time & full-time 4WD modes

5-90

Yep, figured those out by now. Nothing specific right now but I do almost daily see new things. My first few days in here would have been helpful to have a list. Maybe expand (ever so slightly) like "high steer", short example for different gears xxx-low range, etc..

Being a newb who loves to learn Id be happy to pm when I find others.

The groo thing was just tossing in a giggle.:)

Thanks,
Ken

I was wondering if anyone would get that...

Sure - PM if you read anything you don't understand at first gloss - I might just know it offhand, and I'd be happy to tell you. Besides, it would give me another entry for the NAXJA Lexicon I'm working on...

5-90

Back