• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny cooler line connections

khxor

NAXJA Forum User
I am replacing the tranny cooler lines on my 92 and the new ones (NAPA) have 4 small metal tabs inside the end of the rubber section, this is different than the old lines which used a plastic connector. Does anyone know what type of coupler i need or do the hard lines from the rad simply lock straight into the 4 tabs?

NAPA or AZ should have the tool to release the 4 tab connectors for about $5-6.00. The one on the lower radiator & the front trans fittings are quite tight to get to though. As someone on here earlier suggested, take a felt tip marker and cut the front tapered section off to a length of approx. ¾-1" so that the inside diameter will go into the tab section of the fitting, then split it lengthwise on one side so that you can slip it over the tubing. From there just push it into the 4tabs (carefully with slip joint pliers)& it should release the fitting.

Thanks for the replies. Perhaps the question wasnt precise enough. The old lines are out, the new ones use the 4 tabs. I'm wondering if there is another piece i need to mate the line attatched to the rad to the new line or if i plug staight in to the tabs.

If you did in fact already disconnect the lines you should be able to just slip the new ones back onto the metal lines & be good to go. Just make sure they are locked in by the 4 tabs.

Back