• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5L intake manifold crack?

tgoff

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone else had problems with the 2.5L intake manifold cracking? I have an 86 2.5L TBI engine and just replaced my intake manifold 2 years ago due to original one cracking (caused major rough running condition) and was not cheap. Then today when I was changing plugs, wires, oil, and O2 sensor I noticed a crack on my intake manifold. The crack on this one is not meaking yet but WTF and I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

It sounds like you are missing the brace that runs from the bottom of the intake down to the head/block. My '87 MJ has the 2.5 motor and it has a brace under the intake.

Maybe. I don't remember such a brace but its been awhile. I'll check tomorrow but the intake manifold set up is how it came from the factory (one owner) so its fixed to the head how it was desiged from factory and shouldn't crack. I plan on replacing the manfold again now but since its causing no trouble I plan on waiting for the time when I get the money for headers.

Back