• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RK track bar joint

ZPD

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know what kind of heim joint RK uses for their upper trackbar joint?
I bought their bracket wrongly assuming that it was basically the same as the other manufacturer's track bar bracket and it would accept the small RE flex joint (RE3791 IIRC). Last night I began to mock up parts so I could make my trackbar and the RK trackbar uses a 14 mm bolt where as RE and others use a 10 mm bolt. The space between the two plates are 1 3/16".
Right now I am planning on drilling the hole in the bracket to 5/8" and using a heim with spacers to get to the 1 3/16". Anyone have any other ideas?

Mine came with their "Krawler Rod End"...

rod_end.JPG

Krawler Rod End

$30.00 Per Assembly

+/- 30 degrees

55,000 Pound Radial Load Capacity

10,000 Pound Axial Load Capacity

Fits Clevis widths of 2.375" or 2.750"

3/4-16 Right Hand Thread

14 mm Bore

I saw that on their website but it is a bit misleading because it says it fits widths of 2.375" and 2.75" but the track bar bracket is ~1.1875" width. I am assuming that the 2.375" or 2.75" is accomplished with spacers. Does your have any spacers at all or is the width of the joint 1.1875"?

I don't have their track bar bracket because I only have their 4.5" kit. I'm guessing they use spacers like these...

spacer.jpg

That's a pic from their install manual of the Krawler Rod End with shoulder spacers to show you how to orient the spacers. They also use the same type of spacers for their long arm connections, but in a different size. I'm sure they'll send them to you for cheap or you can make your own on a lathe or buy some kind of substitute.

Last edited:
With that type of joint you have to use spaces otherwise the joint won't be able to flex back and forth. Give Jeremy a call at rock krawler, tell him the guys at trcoffroad told you to call him and he'll take care of you. Should only cost a few dollars to get the spacers and the joint if you need it.

Matt

It doesn't need a spacer in the trackbar braket. It uses the crawler rod end and fits perfect.

Oh. I actually have one.

It is not a big deal. I actually pried the bracket open a little more to 1.25" and used a heim (that was 1" wide) with two .25" misalignment spacers that I had. I will drill the 14 mm hole to 5/8" and use a 5/8" bolt.
I guess I was more interested to see if they actually had a 14 mm bore heim that was about 1 3/16" wide because that seems to be pretty unusual. Thanks for clearing that up passxj.

Back