• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flywheel for a '85XJ 2.5 4 Cylinder

JeepDawg

NAXJA Forum User
I am having the darndest time finding a flywheel for my XJ. I can't seem to find any for 84 or 85. Every other year seems available. HELP!:shiver:

The early years did not run EFI and as such don't have the pickup ring on the flywheel. If I remember right the newer flywheel will work just fine. I put one on my 85 2.5l when I upgraded to TBI.

Thanks! So does that mean I can use a flywheel from a different year? How about the Wagoneers? Is it possible that the 84/85 XJs used the same flywheel as the Wagoneer? Old_Man, I'll drop you a PM. Many thanks again!

JeepDawg said:
Thanks! So does that mean I can use a flywheel from a different year? How about the Wagoneers? Is it possible that the 84/85 XJs used the same flywheel as the Wagoneer? Old_Man, I'll drop you a PM. Many thanks again!

If you are talking about the xj wagoneer than yes the the flywheel will work. Wagoneers and cherokees are the same thing, just different looks.

Kim.

Back