• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have snap-in windows

panama red

NAXJA Forum User
I have been thinking about this for a while now. Seems like it would be pretty cool. Take the back 3 windows out and have some "soft top" like windows made with snaps to go in place. I also found a place that sells 24"x54" sheets of clear or smoke window vinyl for $15 each. 3 pieces would all be big enough to do my rear and 2 sides on a 2 door. $60 to my door.

My question is... Anyone else done this already or been thinking about it?

link... http://www.rochfordsupply.com/produ..._SubCatID_E_487_A_ProdID_E_3611_A_promoid_E_5

Last edited:
i personally don't have them, but since i right-click everything i see, of course i've got pics:
xj01772tx.jpg

this sort of mounting system, but on a non-chopped XJ.
i really thought i had a picture of someone with halfdoors that had snap on windows, but i guess not. sorry.

thats cool, but i'm just doing the rear 3. the only 2 doors will be removable.

I took the 3 pieces of glass out today, and the vinyl is on its way. I will post pics once i get them framed out in canvas and all snapped on. late

I don't really like the half door idea for my jeep. I would rather just take the doors off. I want the rears to look just like that.

if you run into any problems, take the stuff to any sailmaker. every sailmaker i've ever seen do boat covers and vinyl windows for boats. they do that stuff on a daily basis, so they can probably get it done cheap if you run into any problems.

Back