• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Long Arm for Daily driver

pirata 4x4

NAXJA Forum User
How is handling the TNT long arm kit for street daily driver.
I drive like 40 miles a day and my idea is upgrade a stock classic for dd and off road.

I´m really tired of my full width 1 ton 42" and blah blah

Last edited:
I don´t worry to much about lift since i used to wheel with big tires.

No problem with steering geometry?

I don´t know if someone saw the Cherokke in TNT gallery in the web page, the classic 4 doors grey..that´s almost my idea. The owner?

the arms wont cause any steering geometry problems, but the lift required to run them might

im going with the 7" TnT suspension setup on a DD myself

sande2.jpg

My DD. I'm on 37's.

Works fine.

There has been plenty of discussion of this and other radius arm kits on daily drivers. SEARCH. :D

My DD on 35's no issues. The gray one on the web page is either Bob's on of the owners, or MMIXJ.

Picture_0064.jpg

"I´m really tired of my full width 1 ton 42" and blah blah"

How about some pics of this???----------Kyle

P.S. you will be fine. my daily driver for 3 years was a rubicon express drop down brackets with short arm lift and 35s. Great ride. Even better than my now stock cherokee which I hate the ride of. The longarms should be even better.-------Kyle

The long arm is made for stock axles-----------Kyle

this is one of mine............was my daily driver for a year............stock axles except for gears and dual lockers---------------

IMG_0447.jpg

Doing what it likes to do (just a play around run nothing serious)

IMG_0475.jpg

Those are 34 Tryxus?

That´s what i have in mine 33, 4.56, lockers and TNT plus SYE and driveshaft. To start, i´m selling my truck right now.

pirata 4x4 said:
But non of that rigs are with Hp30 or 8.25, i saw d44 in the first one, the second what is?

I want stock axles.

Mine is HP30 frt and XJ d44 rear.

my DD, locked d30 and d44 4.56 geared with 6.5" of lift sitting on 33's.

100_0991.jpg

I run 35" bfgs now. It runs great as a DD very stable, it has 5150 shocks which are pretty soft and no sway bars so I get some body roll. Most of the handeling issues were steering related, with the highsteer I have no issues at all.

The TNT came without high steering?, if not, and you have issues is a geometry problem.

Where did you bought the high steering.

Thanlks

Cristián

the Highsteer is part Teraflex (knuckle and tie rod) and part fab (drag link and track bar)

GF7E7498.jpg

offroadman83 said:
this is one of mine............was my daily driver for a year............stock axles except for gears and dual lockers---------------

IMG_0447.jpg

Doing what it likes to do (just a play around run nothing serious)

IMG_0475.jpg

Looks like a 97 not and 87 in your sig... just noticed that.
87 jeep cherokee, 5.5" RE lift, 35" super swamper trxus muds, detroit locker in rear dana 44and 4.56 gears, 3 core open cooling system.

Back