• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleaning performance air filters

Double Down said:
Question for you all.

I have an Intense Performance air filter 6" cone http://www.intenseperformance.com/ and wanted to know if anyone knew exactly how you clean these filters or these types of filters, like K & N ,etc.

Just buy a cleaning kit (autozone, napa etc.) which consists of cleaner and oil. follow the simple instructions to clean. about $12 IIRC.

And how often?

When it's dirty... seriously. During the summer I found my filter got filthy nearly everytime I went out due to the dust/dirt I ran through. Winter time it barely got dirty at all...

DR

Just don't spray it with high pressure water, either from a garden hose or the sprayer thingy in your kitchen sink OR your shower. Rinsing with warm tap water at half pressure works. I found on cleaning a couple of cone types I filled the sink, sprayed the filter with the cleaner and then submerged it upright till it filled then moved it up and down gently to get some agaitation going. Suprised me the amount of crud that came out, never noticed that much 'stuff' with my K&N flat filter..

Just make sure the filter is completely dry before re oiling and installing because the under hood temperatures will actually shrink the filter if it's still wet. Don't ask me how I know this (twice, doh!)..........Hans

Back