• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pitman arm

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
How do I tell if I have a stock pitman arm. There was some suspension modification done to the vehicle before I got it so im not sure. Im installing a steering upgrade and need to know if the pitman arm is stock.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm off a bit. I beleive the stock pitman arm is approx a one (1) inch drop from steering box to TRE connection. It is also (thinking hard here) 6 inches from hole center to hole center. Anyone wanna chime in on that?

Typical drop pitman arms are around a 4 inch drop. Pretty easy to tell the difference.

HTH

DaffyXJ said:
I beleive the stock pitman arm is approx a one (1) inch drop from steering box to TRE connection. It is also (thinking hard here) 6 inches from hole center to hole center. Typical drop pitman arms are around a 4 inch drop. Pretty easy to tell the difference. HTH
That's pretty damn close. Regular pitman arm looks sort flat while the drop, well, has that drop.

how big is the lift? look outside your window, yes there, your neighbors stock XJ! go check his out and compare

Back