• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

this lift with 35s

raelayotte

NAXJA Forum User
- Rusty's Offroad:
---4.5" front coils
--- 4.5" rear leaf packs
--- 2" poly spacers
--- 1" longer rear shackles
--- Adjustable upper control arms
--- Adjustable lower control arms
--- Heavy duty adjustable trac-bar and bracket
--- Stainless front and rear brake lines
--- Hydro shocks
- Trailmaster 2" lift blocks and u-bolts
- JKS swaybar quick disconnects
do u think this set up will work 98 xj

Last edited:
Indeed. Theres a fair chance a 35 with 6.5" and shortarms will rub the inside of the wheelwell by the door. Your going to want to do drop brackets or longarms at that height, and probably do less of a block in the rear.

Did you account for sye/cv? you will need them.

daffyxj.jpg

Rustys 4.5 lift with 1.5 inch shackles and 1.5 inch coils spacers and 32's. At the time I wasn't even able to stuff 33's till I cut.
35's would take a bunch of cutting. and as mentioned you will not be happy with the handling. I went to a long arm set up 6 months after this pic.

I'm not talking about the fendors though, i think your going to hit the wheelwells themself. When you go tall with shortarms, the arms are at a hard angle at normal height, which pulls the axle back quiet a bit. Not only will it not fit (or barely fit), it will ride like hell, and you will have no droop.

Picture087.jpg

Picture035.jpg

pretty much the exact lift you described except i have drop brackets. it fits with lots of cutting. i actually love how stable it is on the off camber stuff. i wouldnt ever lift a cherokee any higher to run 35's unless it was for looks.

Back