• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 6111 4.5 lift kit

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
after weighing my options and all of your recomendations on 4.5" lifts iv decided to spend the extra money to get the better kit. the RE 6111 vs. the rustys 4.5

the kit includes:
RE6111 Components ComponentQuantityT-CASE LOWERING KIT XJ/ZJ 1BRAKE LINE SS REAR XJ/ZJ 1CONTROL ARM SF2 LOWER FIXED 1CONTROL ARM SR2 UPPER FT FIX 1Gen2 Sway Bar Disconnects TJ/XJ 2" - 3.5"+ 1SPRING CLAMP CLIP 2.5" 2TRACK BAR XJ/MJ/ZJ/TJ 3"+ 1COIL SPRINGS XJ 4.5" 1BUMP STOP 2" FRT XJ/ZJ/TJ 1BLOCK & U-BOLT KIT 1.5" 15/16" CENTER PIN 1ADD-A-LEAF KIT XJ 2.5 1BRAKE LINES SS FT XJ/MJ/ZJ/C 1
i know i need to get shocks and my 31x10.5 R 15's and some shims(what degree shims do i need?) but is there anything else i will need to get before taken my XJ offroading for the frist time to test her out?

i have a 93 5 spd xj. the rubicon express site says that a slip yoke eliminatior is recomended on the stock NP231 trans case......is this the trans case that comes in my modle(base cherokee) ? and is the slip yoke and cv driveshaft needed at the moment. will i be getting drive line vibs running this set up? what are your thoughts or recomendations? i dont plan on going to extreem when off roading till i have the proper knolge. so will this lift and tire set-up be ok for now?

i started out with the 3.5" RE kit but i pretty much have all of the components of the 4.5" kit on the jeep now. its a really good kit. i would definetly get a SYE and a cv driveshaft. i had vibes with the 3.5" kit. tried a t-case drop and some shims but that didnt quite do it. i am currently sitting at about 5-6"(which is what the 4.5" kit will probably net) and i have 4* shims in and dont have any vibes with the SYE. you might be fine with just a t-case drop and shims for a little bit just driving around. its different for every jeep. hope this helps and enjoy the kit!
-Matt

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
i started out with the 3.5" RE kit but i pretty much have all of the components of the 4.5" kit on the jeep now. its a really good kit. i would definetly get a SYE and a cv driveshaft. i had vibes with the 3.5" kit. tried a t-case drop and some shims but that didnt quite do it. i am currently sitting at about 5-6"(which is what the 4.5" kit will probably net) and i have 4* shims in and dont have any vibes with the SYE. you might be fine with just a t-case drop and shims for a little bit just driving around. its different for every jeep. hope this helps and enjoy the kit!
-Matt

what year is your rig?

his rigs a 2001. urs being a 93 generally vibes are less. with that said, the 4.5 will net you over that initially and it would be a good idea to do the sye/cv shaft combo. if you are like me, money is an issue, so you could try the transfer case drop and shims like xj_jeeper01 said, but down the road, save up for the sye for strength reasons atleast.
Another option, although im not recommending it, a guy with a white early
90's xj had 6 or 6.5 of lift and just purchased a long travel yoke from rustys. its can be had for like 60 bucks.
good luck to ya!

Install the kit and see. On my 87, i started with an RE 4.5" kit and it slowly grew, I didnt get *any* vibes until about the 6.5" mark. I later installed a 3" kit no a 91 that had zero vibes, and I've seen 96's with 5.5" and no vibes. You wont really know until you try.

-C

I have the same kit on my 98 and the t-case drop was enough for me. I have some really minor vibes @ WOT. If I got the full packs I would add some shims and it would probably be gone. Oh yeah lots of loc-tite on the Gen 2 discos I like many others have had them fall apart @ random

Last edited:
RE 4.5 full spring pack kit

sorry every one im not getting the RE 6111. thats only the AAL kit i was planning on the full spring packs.

*nod*

you should look at the RE6130 instead. It's probably the best kit out there in the 4.5" range.

Back