• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 value?

GottaBeJeep

NAXJA Forum User
This might be the wrong forum for this question, but how much would an AW4 with torque converter out of a 97 XJ with 27,000 miles be worth? Checked Car-Parts.com for my area and the lowest price I found was $495 and that was with 40-80,000 miles on them and I don't know if those come with the torque converter. Is $495 too much for a 97 with 27,000 miles?

Most of the junk yards around here charge 50-200 bucks for a AW-4 with converter....i see them all the time in local adds for about the same price. If its worth 500 bucks to you due to the low miles, snag it....i personally think its a bit on the expensive side....especially if it doesnt have a torque converter though.

Actually, I have the 97 with 27000 miles that has been sitting around for a couple of years taking up shop space, and thought about selling it, but if it isn't worth much to sell, I'll continue to hang onto it as a spare.

BrettM said:
you'd probably do better on Ebay than here.

The next thing i would have suggested....things like that...trannies, stock wheels, engine parts, etc, are worth their weight in gold litterally on ebay. Wouldnt surprize me one bit to see it sell for over 500 bucks on ebay.

Jeffro600 said:
The next thing i would have suggested....things like that...trannies, stock wheels, engine parts, etc, are worth their weight in gold litterally on ebay. Wouldnt surprize me one bit to see it sell for over 500 bucks on ebay.

I haven't checked lately, but a year or two ago, AW4's were dirt cheap on Ebay. I've bought two ('98 and '99) low mileage AW4's on ebay in the last few years. I paid $200 for each of them including the shipping charges FWIW. That's a big part of the reason I swapped to an AW4/D300 rather than the Toyota version and driveline... AW4's were so cheap.

Edit: I *would* pay up to $400 - $500 for one though if I needed it. It all depends on if I could find one cheaper.

--Dan

Back