• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Panamints run - cancelled

gcurtis

Shirley Temple was a nug.
Hi all,

Sorry I've not popped in lately to answer PM's and questions, but as many of you know I've been embroiled in a serious business situation as of a week or so ago. My partner embezzled all of the cash needed to keep my company afloat and I have to fund it out of my pocket by Friday AND stage a hostile take over in order to keep it going.

Good times in fast romance and high finance.

Because of these crazy deadlines, the large amount of money I'm pulling from my nether regions and the current workload of 20 hours a day with day to day work and attorney meetings, there is no way I can pull my B-day trip off (which was the Panamints run).

Sorry to disappoint, but it wasn't my intention to have to deal with this BS and some idiot with a gambling problem (which is where the money went). If someone else wants to take it over and knows the route (or another route), I'd gladly have them take a lead, give them any input they wanted and let you all have a rip roaring time in the desert.

If someone wants to step up, please post here or start a new thread.

I'm back to the grindstone.

gc

Sorry to hear you can't even do your B-Day run but I am sure the terror/excitement of being partner free will keep you occupied and busy for a while.

Please reschedule at your earliest convenience and we'll have a belated celebration on two counts, your B-day and your new business venture.

Good luck Grant.

-Avery

Grant sorry to hear of the business misfortunes.

We're pullin' for ya. Give 'em hell :gonnablow:

Damn dude... that is the worst news I have heard in a while out of you... If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.... I can even be an employee if needed... I hope it all works out...

Scott.

cracker said:
Sorry to hear you can't even do your B-Day run but I am sure the terror/excitement of being partner free will keep you occupied and busy for a while.

Please reschedule at your earliest convenience and we'll have a belated celebration on two counts, your B-day and your new business venture.

Good luck Grant.

-Avery
WOW ! that probably the most eloquent (spl) thing I've seen from Cracker....
So much that I'd have to say ditto....
Best of luck on getting the business straight....and as far as the B-Day... just
skip it this year...
Take care....
Curt

Shit Grant, I tried to come up with something profound to say, but I can't. I hope it all works out.
Make it up to BB and I'll provide the cold brew.
Rick R:sunshine:

Well guys, there is a sun and I saw it today.

Hired an attorney with my exact name rearranged. He has one of those big firms at the top of a building in Irvine. He took my case, and because of my name and my gumption, gave me a huge break in price. This firm eats glass and shits nails, which is what I need right now, and they think my cause is very worthy... so I'm their charity case. In favor, I'm putting them up at Tustin Ranch Golf Course in style on my personal dime.

I walk my "partner" out of the building on Friday, after I fund the business, make payroll and cut him a check. Then I buy him out for $1 to and absolve his gambling debt of $40,000.

I then pull more cash out of my ass and move the business up to OC and start a-new. Those in OC, I'll have a jeep shop for us in the Tustin/Santa Ana area if you need to wrench or weld. I'm working on a building right around the corner from REI.

Yes it sucks and I didn't expect it, but I've learned a ton and have tightened control. This will make me and my company better; thanks for all of the good wishes. My vacation time may be cut short for a while and days will resemble the old of 5A to 7P, but what can you do? This is my shot and I love every minute of it.

Thanks again, guys. There have been tons of emails, phone calls and posts for help and you bastages better realize I might take you, each and every one, up on them!

Good to hear it's starting to come together, Grant.

How about a beer sometime this weekend?

I just read your posts and I don't know what to say, except if I can be of any help, let me know and I'll be there.

Happy birthday, even though it's not as happy as you wished it to be. Best of luck in the new venture. Hopefully it will be even better than the old one and something good will come out of this whole thing.

Back