• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduction

XJeremy23

NAXJA Forum User
As you can see I am a newbie to the forum. I have posted a few times but have not introduced myself nor my vehicle. I live in North Idaho and have been building on my rig for a couple of years. I mostly drive mountain roads/trails in search of good places to wheel.
My vehicle specs are:
'89 Laredo 2 door
4.0L/AX15/NP231
RE 4.5" Lift
33x9.50 mud terrain SXT
D30 with open diff, 4.56 gearing, and cable disconnect
D44 out of an '87 with Detroit Truetrac and 4.56 gearing
tubestyle rear bumper reinforced for recovery
roof rack
and misc. goodies

I would like to learn of places to wheel in my area (Hayden/Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, near Spokane, Washington). If anybody has suggestions please let me know.

Sounds like a very cool rig! You should post pictures, which by the way is much easier if you are a member! Thirty bones isn't too much....NAXJA

There are many benefits to joining. You get discounts at various retailers, a portion of your membership goes to a national 4wd association that lobbys in Washington D.C. to keep public lands/four wheel drive trails open, you get to hang out with a bunch of crazy XJers like us at various meet and greets, the list goes on... Click on Member FAQ and read on, then click on Member Application and become Red. You won't regret it. Plus you can register to win FREE stuff. Just check out the vendor give away!

mtnxj said:
There are many benefits to joining. You get discounts at various retailers, a portion of your membership goes to a national 4wd association that lobbys in Washington D.C. to keep public lands/four wheel drive trails open, you get to hang out with a bunch of crazy XJers like us at various meet and greets, the list goes on... Click on Member FAQ and read on, then click on Member Application and become Red. You won't regret it. Plus you can register to win FREE stuff. Just check out the vendor give away!
:) Yeah!! What he said!! Here's a link to the application: http://secure.naxja.org/html/naxjamemberapp.htm

By the way, ONE person answered a question here that saved me a CHUNK of $$ in diagnostics... WELL worth the $30. ;)

:wave1: Welcome aboard!! We're coming your way, stay tuned!!

Sniggs said:
:) Yeah!! What he said!! Here's a link to the application: http://secure.naxja.org/html/naxjamemberapp.htm

By the way, ONE person answered a question here that saved me a CHUNK of $$ in diagnostics... WELL worth the $30. ;)

x2

Welcome! I'm a geek for working on my own junk and this place (and stuff before NAXJA) has saved me loads of cash. Only time my Jeep has been in the 'shop' was to the dealer for a tranny flush. $75 at the dealership since I've owned it (7 years) is not bad. I don't mind paying for the membership here for the community of Jeep geeks. :D

Sniggs said:

Good fishing in Lake Hayden? I've always wanted to go to Idaho.

Welcome to the NWC family, you will find great people with different backgrounds, and that is what makes us such a great group.

Hopefully we can make it to the other side of the mountians before NWfest to do some wheeling over there. If not, come to TSF in August and have fun!

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. I have already taken advantage of advice on the forum, both past threads and also a question I asked. It seems that everbody is very helpful and informative. By the way, 12GaugeXJ, there is great fishing in Hayden Lake. I am interested in runs in this area, but the one thrown by North Idaho Trailblazers might be at a bad time, my wife is very close to her due date. Thanks again to everyone.

Back