• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new to me '01 XJ.

ODDBALL

NAXJA Forum User
Any of you know what I would need to do to help keep my Auto Trans water free? Is it even a prob with a lot of DEEP water crossings? I have power windows & locks + mirrors. I just don't want to fry things when I get into the Deep creeks & rivers we have here in Alaska & im going from a 87 that had a 5 speed manual & nothing fancy but a tape deck. I have a set of axles & 38's ready to be swaped in soon.

Any of you wheeling a newer XJ with the Auto trans in deep water/creeks? I need as much input as I can find about the auto & electrical bugs I may face whern I dunk this thing. I have the motor taken carwe of with the snorkle but need to know if a certain amount of water should be avoided. Thanks

i've been known to do water crossings with my 2000 XJ.
mine was a lemon, but i do have to say its recieved a TCU and a NSS under warranty.
i'd worry about having to clean out the neutral safety switch (nss), but that's about it. there are writeups on how to take it apart and clean it out. cleaning it is waaaay cheaper than buying a new one for over $200.
proof:
cherokeeplaygroundsmaller9jg.jpg

this is:
smallotherguy8ei.jpg

i followed him through it, but since i was the one with the camera, no one got pictures of me.

water in general isn't a great idea. an XJ isn't a submarine and stuff like airbag modules are very expensive if you get water in the cab.

Back