• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which axles would they be?

LilRedRover

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, well I work for the state and can get killer deals on out of date state vehicles at auction. I have noticed that all the maintenance trucks are Ford F250s with eight lug wheels, warn lock out hubs up front... I would say most of them are mid 90s, maybe early, but the axles look beefy to me. Now I'm not the guy that can see an axle under a vehicle and say, hey that's a HP44 or a nine inch, but I am hoping maybe that's the combo under these trucks. I can probably pick one up for a couple hundred bucks and would be well worth it to me if I can get these previously mentioned axles. Typically maintenance is performed EXTREMELY regularly on these trucks and axles should be in good shape. Anyone know whether I could be lucky enough to have a HP44 and nine inch under a mid to early 90s F250?

im not exacly sure, but i wanna say that the front is not a solid axle unless its a 350 up untill 99....the rear should be a sterling 10.25.....i would go look under it and see if it is a solid front axle for sure though,

they are solid front axles... eight lug

Back