• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar relocation?

Twisted XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Any one fab up their own? If so how much more drop did it give you? I am running about 6.5" lift with Carolina rockshop longarms and a RE adjustable trackbar. Can't decide if I want to go withthe RE kit or fab one up.

i went with the re one my self im on six inch lift it helped me alot becasue the tomkien kit that was on it had drop down and keep getting loose i have plus the rock krawler long arm up grade did wonders on my drop

You cannot just choose your drop. It must meet exactly any drop you have had in the pitman arm at the frame end or the amount the tie rod has been raised, like a OTK or high steer, at the axle end. The drag link must always stay parallel to the trackbar and even at the same height. You cannot even have it parallel but at different heights should you have raised the tie rods end for instance and then lowered the frame bracket of the trackbar to make it parallel again.
So if you want a trackbar bracket to match a OTK, see my site where I show you how to do both along with matching swaybar axle mounts.
www.go.jeep-xj.info

Back