• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 Jeep Cherokee Brake Booster

comanche91

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know for certain if a brake booster from a 2001-2005 Grand Cherokee (P/N 5011261AB) will fit my 96? Looks identical, arm is the same, etc. According to the Advance Auto Parts web site, they are one in the same. Just want to be sure before I buy - thanks!

well I think yours now has the spacer right? Its about 1/4" and its between the firewall and the booster? if so then you might just leave that out, I am not sure. I will say that the conversion to the better booster is about the same from a WJ (the years you listed) and a 95-96, in to a older 90 say. the booster rod has got to be the same since nither take any mods for the swap in the length. the end of the rods may be slightly differnent.

The WJ will be a shorter over all master and booster though.

My 1996 does in fact have the aluminum spacer plate w. the firewall white gasket. Distance from the white firewall gasket to the center of the booster arm on both units is 4-7/8". So it looks like it might bolt up okay and fit the existing brake pedal as is. Not sure about the booster rod hole diameter or weather my 96 master cylinder will fit the new WJ booster okay though.

Back