• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

were to get carc paint

why do you want CARC paint exactly?

Whats a good alternative to carc paint? I'm looking for olive drab and from what I've found carc is scary chit. Sorry to hijack but the above post answers your question.
-Steve D

dude, believe us military folks.....you dont want carc. carc is nasty, even with all the protective gear.

StuckXJ said:
Whats a good alternative to carc paint? I'm looking for olive drab and from what I've found carc is scary chit. Sorry to hijack but the above post answers your question.
-Steve D

believe it or not the krylon camo colors. we military folks have trouble getting CARC sometimes so we hit up wally world for the krylon stuff. nobody ever knows any difference, and it holds up pretty damn well

according to OSHA and everyone else, you should have access to an MSDS book.

we have to use carc paint on acft, and we'll get out gloves, masks, AND stand upwind. i wont be surprised if 50 years from now i have weird and strange creatures growing out of my skin or other body parts due to the stuff i've worked with in the military

0313 said:
Its not like they give you much of a choice, we used hand brushes, no masks, and was in a bay.

No wonder you're hairless.

mmmh. That carc paint has a distinct, but great flavor. What is in it exactly that repells chemicals?

I dont think it holds up that great. Every vehichle I have seen it on is just chipping away. But that is a good thing if you like to eat paint chips.

Just get some Home Depot or OSH brand flat O.D. it taste even better than carc paint.

All right...gigidy, gigidy, gigidy.

Back