• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how rare is this color?

dynamite44

NAXJA Forum User
i saw this XJ on route 70 in maryland on saturday afternoon. it looks like a 2000 or a 2001. it doesnt have a full length roof rack and it's got the "4.0 Litre" emblem on the tailgate, not the "4.0L" sticker.
oddcolorxj8ei.jpg

i've personally never noticed this color XJ before. i've seen 3 solar yellow XJs, but this is the first of this color i've ever come accross. rare?

i think it's called fire amber or something like that, it's a factory color and i like it. my newer one is patriot blue. but the paint hasn't done shit for this country.

dynamite44 said:
i've personally never noticed this color XJ before. i've seen 3 solar yellow XJs, but this is the first of this color i've ever come accross. rare?

There was a thread on this a few weeks ago; the colour's called 'Amber Fire'. Apparently it wasn't all that common, though I have occasionally seen a couple running around here in it. I'm usually not a fan of orange in general, but that looks good.

i've seen it a couple of times over the years, but not too terrible often

I thought only the 2001 models had the "4.0 litre" emblem, while the 1997-2000 had the "4.0L" sticker and the pre-97's had the "4.0 High Output" emblem. Whatever the case, I've never seen that color.

The odd thing is that it's not listed in my original 2001 Cherokee sales brochure. But then again when I purchased my white XJ in June 2001 there were 2 bright yellow models on the lot (of the 5 left surrounded by KJ's) and yellow isn't listed as an "official" color by the sales brochure either...

Patriot Blue Pearl Coat
Forest Green Pearl Coat
Sienna Pearl Coat
Silverstone Metallic
Flame Red
Stone White, mine:)
Black
Steel Blue Pearl Coat (late availability)

Maybe there were certain colors only offered in certain regions? I'm totally guessing here.

the 4.0L emblem was definately used in 2000. i know 2 other guys with 2000 XJs that both have that emblem, so does mine and i got mine brand new. as far as 1999s, a guy in my jeep club has one with the "4.0 Litre" badge on his 1999, but he bought it used.
i love that color.

Interesting, I suppose I'm confusing the XJ with the TJ. I know it used the 4.0L sticker through 2000. Good to know about the XJ's. Also, I have only ever seen the short roof rack on the 2001's, is this the case for 2000's as well?

dynamite44 said:
the 4.0L emblem was definately used in 2000. i know 2 other guys with 2000 XJs that both have that emblem, so does mine and i got mine brand new. as far as 1999s, a guy in my jeep club has one with the "4.0 Litre" badge on his 1999, but he bought it used.
i love that color.

Previously owned a 2001 Sport: it had the '4.0 Litre' badge. Currently own a 2000 Limited; it has the same badge as well - but no 'Jeep' badge on the hatch.

Almost bought one of the amber fire color XJ's in DFW but it was 2wd. I've never seen a lifted one. I bet it looks pretty good.

2001XJeep said:
Interesting, I suppose I'm confusing the XJ with the TJ. I know it used the 4.0L sticker through 2000. Good to know about the XJ's. Also, I have only ever seen the short roof rack on the 2001's, is this the case for 2000's as well?

The shorted roof rack was added on 1999-2001 XJ's. Some call it the three quater roof rack.
Alex

2000XJSPORT said:
The shorted roof rack was added on 1999-2001 XJ's.

Not sure this is correct - I've seen the three-quarter roof rack on pre-'96 XJs in the junkyard.

That color is rare and it was introduced in 2001. The color name was Amber Fire Pearl. I too have seen them from time to time. It is a nice color.
Alex

1J4FF48S01L586795_1.jpg

1J4FF48S01L586795_6.jpg

For the record, my 00 has the emblems and not stickers.

This past weekend, in Maryville TN, I saw one this color and thought it must be a custom color. It also had the cargo area roof cut off and was lifted several inches with nice wheels and tires. Very nice job, looked like something that should have came from the factory. Didn't know this was a factory color.

Any Day Glow Orange XJ's? If I was going to have a pure off road beater, lifted, extended fender flares, etc (not that I would, but if) I would paint it bright Orange.

00xjsebb said:
This past weekend, in Maryville TN, I saw one this color and thought it must be a custom color. It also had the cargo area roof cut off and was lifted several inches with nice wheels and tires. Very nice job, looked like something that should have came from the factory. Didn't know this was a factory color.
The owner of that Jeep is on these forums; his username is hackedxj.

00xjsebb said:
i bet you saw this one. its owned by hacked96:
naxja12rc.jpg

i never knew that color was factory for XJs until i saw that one i posted in the first post on this thread. so good lookin'.

xjcoloramberfire1.jpg

I think the only color more rare than the 01 Amber Fire was the 97 Citron Pearl. (sorry no pic, I've only seen 1 ever.)

Back