• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

install question?

smokeeaterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey!
Im prepping to install my RE 5.5 LA lift. I want to have zero vibrations on everything. Doesnt matter how fast I go. I already ordered a CV driveshaft, and I already have a transfer case lowering kit on my ride and SYE. What degree shims will I need? And what other problems have been encountered when tryin to fix vibrations? I want ZERO vibes, it doesnt matter how much its gonna cost. Thanx in advance for the help!

Also has anyone out there achieved zero vibration? is it even possible? If ya have ur my new best friend. :)

yes it possible. you really dont need a tcase lowering kit. I got 4* shims with my 5 inch lift. You ordered a DS before you got the lift on and a measurment for it?

Measure from u joint to u joint after it's lifted, but Jason at Jeepin' is a smart guy. As far as shims. Just experiment. Get rid of that TC lowering kit too

take some angle measurements of your yoke and driveshaft. You should have approximately 1*-3* difference for proper operation. Shim accordingly. Also, depending on the year of your rig, '96+ are more prone to vibes.

I'm running just about 7" of lift and also using a 4* shim with no vibe. I'll be cutting the perches off and rotating them pretty soon though.

Back