• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Piggyback chips

greenday9d1

NAXJA Forum User
I've been seeing a lot of "piggyback" ecu resistor chips for sale. They all seem very cheap, especially for their claimed gains of 10-20 horsepower. I'm wary of cheap horsepower, but if it works i'm all for it of course, if anyone knows anything or has had experience with this type of product please let me know if they work or not.

i have a Jet chip on my 98 4.0 it only helps out at WOT, but i can tell then, other than that it is not worth the money.

I'm not sure what the Piggyback chip does but if it's like every other thing claimed to give you 10-20 hp then it's nothing but a resistor that replaces your intake temp sensor to tell your engine that the air coming in is colder than it really is. It does not work.

I was the first to say and I'll be the last don't buy anything that claims to give you 10-20 horse by simply replacing a sensor.

Amen to what Fatty says. I did the intake sensor resistor mod myself and all I was rewarded with is an XJ that overheated even worse. No gains in HP whatsoever. Also, when it really is cold outside, the sensor would do the same thing as the resistor (which is tell the computer that the air is cold outside). So really, it only could theoretically work when it's hot.
Don't trust cheapo mods with big claims!

yeah it's a cheap one off ebay, i don't think i'll bother though it seems like a scam. thanks to everyone who responded!

What about JET

JET chips are about $300. I don't know about you guys but thats not cheap in my book. Anybody running the JET chip?

Back