• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which wire to ignition for alarm, 93, Search no help

Dark93

NAXJA Forum User
I've installed all but this wire from my alarm to an ignition source. I've gotten mixed advice during my search. Which color wire and where is the best place to tap it. I just need a source that is +12v during ignition right?
Could I use my cigarette lighter? Any help or pictures much appreciated.

the correct way is to go to an ignition on the ignition harness. which you should be doing all of your wires anyway because you will have 12v, starter ( which should be cut), and ignition. I'm not sure on the colors at the moment but i could get back to you on that. I am an installer at a circuit city and do plunty of alarm/remote starts. Which alarm are you installing?

crimestopper 2003dc. I have installed the siren, extra door pin in the rear, dome light wire, power, ground, shock sensor,led, override button, just have know idea how to wire ignition (i need this to program)or starter kill. Thanks for the help.

I wired a guage of mine to the 12 volt ignition by tapping into the one behind the radio. The wire is labeled. I just cit it and made a three way splice. I remember I had to add some wire in there because the wires have no slack. I used wire nuts and black tape myself.

I didnt do it for an alarm it was for a digital guage that tells me performance info so all I needed was the ignition 12v. I dont know how you would wire your alarm to disable the starter

Still needing any information in regard to aftermarket alarm installation on my 93. Ignition /starter kill.

maybe wire it to the small,green wire that goes down to your starter, that will disable the starter...it is the solinoid trigger wire.Any interuption in this wire will make your starter not work.I'm not an alarm installer so I don't know for sure.
Sounds like that alarm didn't come with very good ,if any,directions,though.......

Last edited:
Thanks, Directions were not vehicle specific. Too many options for wiring ignition in xj, needed best one.

if you want the directions to wire up your vehicle weather it be a jeep or a ford ranger you can get the info from www.bulldogsecurity.com they tell you what color and where you can find it

Back