• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elbe pics 3-25-06

PAPXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hope you enjoy them.

Off we go!
1.JPG

We met a group of volunteers putting up trail markers. They warned us that the DNR was out today and writing tickets for anyone who venture off the marked trail.
2.JPG

Climbing up the clearcut headed to the busywild trail. Can you see the camo xj??
3.JPG

First winch use, many many more to come...
4.JPG

Crawling into the woods at the start of the busywild.
5.JPG

Can you find the camo xj in this one?
7.JPG

There it is!
12.JPG

I had some minor body damage. Snapped the door hinge in half.
13.JPG

The rubi was nice enough to turn around and help the camo xj through a tough spot. (Camo xj specs: 3" lift, 31" all terrains, open diffs, swaybars connected, tires at 32psi)
14.JPG

I broke a brake hose...
17-1.JPG

My trail repair was to feed the hose up into the engine compartment and clamp some vicegrips on it.
17.JPG

Meanwhile this guy caught up to us. Here he is going through the same hole i broke the brake hose in. (Can you spot the camo xj?)
16.JPG

He ended up rolling that creature off a bridge later on. It was too dark for a good picture by that time.
18.JPG

Not sure what is going on here.
19.JPG

The rubi snapped his winch line trying to pull himself off a stump here.
20.JPG

I ended up using a snatch block to pull him out.
21.JPG

We caught up to this xj on the trail.
22.JPG

He was having some difficulties to say the least. (Broke the rear driveshaft, both front axle shafts and the steering box off the frame.)
24.JPG

We let him borrow a snatch block to winch himself off the trail so that we could pass. Ended up taking an additional winch to get him out of the way. He hopped in with us and we took him back to his camp after we finished the trail.
26.JPG

Crawling down some rocks.
23.JPG

Posing.
25.JPG

And my favorite shot of the trip...exiting the trail.
27.JPG

Good times!

Still dont see the pics

they just dont want to be seen, must be secret pictures.

Sorry about the pics everyone...they seem to only work intermittently. I will take snigg's advice and try tinypic.

One last try...

Hope you enjoy them.

scz0cg.jpg

Off we go!

scz60g.jpg

We met a group of volunteers putting up trail markers. They warned us that the DNR was out today and writing tickets for anyone who venture off the marked trail.

scz97l.jpg

Climbing up the clearcut headed to the busywild trail. Can you see the camo xj??

scz9ja.jpg

First winch use, many many more to come...

scz9ts.jpg

Crawling into the woods at the start of the busywild.

sczuc9.jpg

Can you find the camo xj in this one?

sczurr.jpg

There it is!

sczv2h.jpg

I had some minor body damage. Snapped the door hinge in half.

sczvau.jpg

The rubi was nice enough to turn around and help the camo xj through a tough spot. (Camo xj specs: 3" lift, 31" all terrains, open diffs, swaybars connected, tires at 32psi)

sczvjt.jpg

I broke a brake hose...

sczvup.jpg

My trail repair was to feed the hose up into the engine compartment and clamp some vicegrips on it.

sczxfk.jpg

Meanwhile this guy caught up to us. Here he is going through the same hole i broke the brake hose in. (Can you spot the camo xj?)

Last edited:
sczyiw.jpg

He ended up rolling that creature off a bridge later on. It was too dark for a good picture by that time.

sczyuw.jpg

Not sure what is going on here.

sczz8o.jpg

The rubi snapped his synthetic winch line trying to pull himself off a stump here.

sd00p5.jpg

I ended up using a snatch block to pull him out.

sd016u.jpg

We caught up to this XJ on the trail.

sd01gp.jpg

He was having some difficulties to say the least. (Broke the rear driveshaft, both front axle shafts and the steering box off the frame.)

sd01oo.jpg

We let him borrow a snatch block to winch himself off the trail so that we could pass. Ended up taking an additional winch to get him out of the way. He hopped in with us and we took him back to his camp after we finished the trail.

sd01zl.jpg

Crawling down some rocks.

sd028n.jpg

Posing.

sd02es.jpg

And my favorite shot of the trip...exiting the trail.

Almost hit the ditch on the way home. Combination of the lost front brake and my upper trac bar bolt having sheared off. Fun times!

hards91xj said:
Now do you believe me :shocked:
Elbe is where the trees eat sheet metal :shiver:

Haha yeah! I've been aware of that since my first run up there. The camo xj went home with 3 less windows and 2 less mirrors than he started with.

Back