• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift Q's

XJEEPER04

NAXJA Forum User
With a 4.5 inch lift do I have to drop my t-case? If so is it hard to do? I've never had the pleasure of doing it? This is what I was planning on doing getting a 3inch lift putting 1.75 inch spring spacers in and putting 2 inch lift blocks in the rear? would thid work? thanks for the help guys

Avoid putting in the lift all together until you get the money for a SYE and a new shaft, then put them in together. No 2" blocks for the rear, thats bad karma. Whatever lift height you plan to dial in, in the front, equal that with the proper full leaf pack for the rear.

After that, you'll have a very good start, and you will have done it right.

:cheers:

I have a similar set up on MY 96 xj. I have a 3" lift with AAL. Up front I have 1" Spacer, 3/4" poly spacer and factory isolater, in rear I have 1.5" shackles, rear is sagging to 4". I have a 1" Drop. They are not hard at all to install, the only hard part is getting the Stud out. The T-Case cross member is held in place by a bolt, and a nut on a stud on each side. The bolt is no problem, just a longer replacement, the stud you have to unscrew out, easier said then done, mine is still in, and replace it with another bolt. I would reccomend spending a couple extra dollars and using grade 8 bolts, probably an over kill but I feel better that way.

Whatever you do stay away from blocks unless it is a VERY small block, 1" or less. If you are set on blocks and going up to 5" rear, I would use a 1" block and an extended shackle.

Back