• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April 8th and 9th You bored?

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
Hello Everyone,

As Operation Overcompensation continues, it is not possible (due to my fabrication limitations) for me to take my XJ to the next level without the assistance of the SoCal bunch.

On April 8th and 9th, I will be needing your help in Ventura at Ron's fabrication shop. Ron has been EXTREMELY kind to offer his support and help in taking my XJ up a notch.

This is the project:

FileHandler.ashx

Basically I need help through out the weekend.

On Saturday, April 8th I will need a well skilled crew to help me dissasemble my XJ.

Tasks include :

1. pulling front axle
2. pulling Bumper(s)
3. pulling Steering
4. pulling Radiator(s)
5. pulling engine, transmission, transfer case
6. pulling All seats
7. pulling Carpeting
8. pulling Headliner
9. pulling Rock Sliders
10. Cutting rear bumper and reinstalling it
11. Preping fraimrails for welding

I could also use a couple of guys to swap the passenger side doors with ones that are not destroyed and getting the lock, power locks and power windows installed.

On Saturday evening there will be an evening of welding (thanks Ron!) reinforcement plates to the frailrails and the engine compartment. Voluteers will not have to be present in the evening but only during the day (you'll have the evening off to enjoy beautiful Ventura or hang out to work and poke fun at me :D )

On Sunday, April 9th, we will need volunteers to help completely re-install the engine/transmission/transfer case and getting the XJ in complete running condition (including steering/radiators/ etc.). Also the front bumper will have to be installed. Assuming all goes well (yeah right), and we get going early enough, we can get the volunteers out early too. Hopefully Sunday evening the cage process will start assuming the front end is completely functional.

Please post up if you are interested or even send me a PM. People experienced with yanking and installing engines, etc. are especially invited.

If you are coming from a far and want to help, I can even set up a hotel room for some of you if you have no poblem sharing a room. I will provide some beer and food and it'll be a good time and learning experience for all of us. In addition to getting my sh!t done, I am hoping to meet some new faces. :D

Last edited:
Nice to meet ya today at the garage sale. Wish I had the time to help ya with your build... hard to fit in with- work, school, and SCUBA classes. You wouldnt want yours to end up being one of my jalopies either. Good luck.

Yeah. It'll be a little intensive. We won't be doing the cage until after everything is done. It'll probably be done on Monday or something.

Have fun in Sedona. If you need a tour guide let me know and I will hook you up with my buddy JP.

Okay, after I take the family to UCSD for my son's freshman orientation (or whateverthehell I'm going to UCSD for on the 8th) I'll head up.
Any tools you guys need?
Where the hell is Ventura?(I thaught he was Gov. of Minn.?)
Rick 'R:sunshine:

I live in Ventura and would be glad to help if my fiancee doesn't go into labor, she is due the 9th! I have a buddy that has been helping with my projects and he would be glad to help with or with out me, and he is pretty handy with a wrench. Need any tools or anything? Keep me posted with time and location, looks like a fun project and a good chance to meet all you gurus that have been helping me with all the good advice on this board.
Chris

I have plenty of experience at yanking motors out... I'll pitch in on Saturday.

~Brady

Jump This said:
Hold it! I just Googled it!!
Too damn far away from the desert for me!!!
Tell me how it goes. :D
Rick R:sunshine:

Distance: 225.2 miles, Travel Time: 3 hours 59 mins (each way)

It's not too bad ;)

Avery,

You know I wouldnt miss this! I LOVE demo! (i know, you want ro replace the stuff). I'll be there. Let me know if we need any tools. Ron has pretty much everything but with more than one person the supply may be limited.

Aaron

I also have a decent size shop with plenty of carpet space and maybe even a spare room, if anyone needs a place to curl up, also beer (Island Brewery blond and porter from Carpinteria) on tap, wether or not I am here or not, my buddy lives here so you are all welcome. Let me know when it is all confirmed and we can set something up if there is any interest.
chris
[email protected]

cracker said:
Yeah. It'll be a little intensive. We won't be doing the cage until after everything is done. It'll probably be done on Monday or something.

Have fun in Sedona. If you need a tour guide let me know and I will hook you up with my buddy JP.
If you could ask JP for suggestions for a trail called damifino; I've seen it mentioned a few times and I've seen a few pictures that look great but I'm not finding specifics as far as crossing the creek at the bottom of Bear Wallow Cyn. Hope everything goes as planned and I'll volunteer for future work if I'm in town.

Doh :doh: , Bad weekend for me . Family from out of State coming. Week before would work. Let us know if it you still need help the following Sat. I'm not too far from Ron's shop.

good luck

Rob

Sorry, I would be there if I could. More advanced notice would be good. I have family obligations that week-end. :)

SBrad001 said:
Where's those directions?! I got a full tank of gas and I want to tear stuff apart! :D

PMd Ya :D

Last edited:
Glenn said:
Sorry, I would be there if I could. More advanced notice would be good. I have family obligations that week-end. :)

Thanks Glenn ;)

Sorry Avery, got plans for both days. Wish I could help..

Back