• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those that have bought Rusty's gear packages...

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Im looking at ordering one of his gear packages for d30/c8.25 in 4.56. Did his overhaul/install kits include a new carrier for the 30? I can't call till later this week and Im to impatient to wait, so thought I would ask.

Thanks

the overhaul kit is only pinion bearings, carrier bearings, shims, slinger, nut washer etc

a carrier can be obtained very cheap and you can reuse your spiders, if they are in good condition

Thanks, thats kinda what I was figuring.
Do dealerships carry carriers? Im assuming its for a 4.10 and lower gear ratio and since my stock is 3.55, no good.

the dana 30 break is 3.73 and numericaly higher

stay away fromt the stealership. ebay has them sometimes, discountjeepparts.com, last time i checked.- when more people read this you'll get more ideas on where to buy one for cheapest.

Rustys sells the carrier for like $35 I believe, I bought mine through him when I regeared a few years ago

Back