• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spool for me

LilRedRover

NAXJA Forum User
Alright well searched around, both on here and various websites and I'm only finding old information. I know there was some talk last summer or various locker and gear manufacturers developing a spool for the chrysler 8.25, but I haven't been able to find one. Does anyone have any information on this or know where to purchase one. I can always lincoln lock, but would rather not and I like the street mannerisms of a spool rather than detroit, more predictable in my opinion. Thanks in advance.

Craig96_XJ said:
C-clip axles cant be spooled... if i remember correctly
???? never heard that but it's a possibility... would explain why I can't find one

LilRedRover said:
yeah I did search, but the original question wasn't about an 8.8... it was about an 8.25...

the concept is the same... - c-cliped axle and spool...

i want accusing you of not searching - just the bogus info that Craig96_XJ posted

I see... I didn't know that 8.25s were c-clip until now... I haven't regeared or anything so as far as I have ripped the diff apart is to change gear oil... I am either going to have to get a completely selectable or axle swap, either way I will be spending some cash to get the performance I want. Crap!

Back